Armor in Islands of Nyne consists of five slots:
- Head Armor, protecting your noggin' from lead-induced headaches. ION Helmet, Medieval Helmet, and Santa Hat all provide the same level of protection. Equipping a helmet also gives you an indicator (bottom left corner) that tells you if you are in the safe zone, by getting a green highlight, and the direction of the center of the safe zone, using a green arrow.
- Chest Armor, protecting your stomach from lead-poisoning. ION Chest Armor is currently the only protection of this type.
- Arms Armor, "Tis only a flesh wound". ION Arms armor is currently the only protection of this type.
- Leg Armor, how else do you ensure you can always run away? ION Leg armor is currently the only protection of this type. No idea why arms is plural but this one is singular...
- Personal Shields, protecting everything but your skull from structurally-superfluous opening creation. Shields negate damage from one shot (Unknown if more on weaker weapons) then disappear.